6 Steps to Get a Septic Permit in Harris County
Ask your general contractor for…
- The Survey of the Property. (Here is a [Sample -Metes & Bounds Description])
- The Floor Plan. (Here is a [Sample -Floor Plan])
- The Plan of Site (Site Plan). (Here is a [Sample -Site Plan])
- Email Harris County to pull an open records request on the property to get all information that the county has on file. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fill out the [OSSF Permit Application] -> Then give it to an Engineer or a Registered Sanitarian to fill out the rest.
- Here is a [Guide to filling out OSSF Permit Application].
- Here is a list of Professional Engineers & Registered Sanitarians [https://cms.revize.com/revize/montgomerycountytx/Sanitarians.pdf]
- Fill out the [OSSF Affidavit to the Public] -> get it notarized.
- Fill out the [OSSF Acknowledgement of Testing Requirements]
- Tip* You may leave “recipient of a license (No. 2-___)” blank if you don’t have one.
- Ask an Engineer or a Registered Sanitarian to do the following…
- Give the Engineer or Registered Sanitarian…
- The Survey of Property
- The Floor Plan
- The Site Plan
- The OSSF Permit Application
- The OSSF Affidavit to the Public
- The OSSF Acknowledgement of Testing Requirements
- Ask the Engineer or Registered Sanitarian to pull the permit for you.
For the official homepage of Harris County Septic Permit go to http://www.eng.hctx.net/permits/Wastewater/Wastewater/OSSF-Permit
12 Steps to Get a Septic Permit in Montgomery County
Step 1:_____ Completed [Permit Application] (Montgomery County Permit Office)
Step 2: _____ 3 sets of Soil Analysis (Site Evaluator) (1 original set) -Ask Engineer or Registered Sanitarian. (Here is a list of Professional Engineers & Registered Sanitarians [https://cms.revize.com/revize/montgomerycountytx/Sanitarians.pdf])
Step 3: _____ 3 sets of Septic System Design (Designer) (1 original set) -Ask Engineer or Registered Sanitarian. (Here is a [Sample -Septic System Design])
Step 4: _____ Floor Plans for all residential and commercial buildings -Ask General Contractor. (Here is a [Sample -Floor Plan])
- (A) Show applicable bedrooms, restrooms, and square footage of structure
- (B) Signed by property owner
- (C) Will be returned to applicant when permit is issued
Step 5: _____ [Disclaimer] (For ALL systems from Montgomery County Permit Office, notarized)
Step 6: _____ [Map] (hand drawn & written directions from Conroe)
Step 7: _____ [Affidavit to the Public] for Aerobic Systems
- (A) Signed by Owner Only, notarized
- (B) Filed at Montgomery County Clerk's Office (by owner or applicant)
Step 8: _____ [Two Year Initial Maintenance Contract] for Aerobic Systems
- (A) Signed by Owner
- (B) Signed by Maintenance Operator/Installer ("TER Septic Site & Utilities LLC")
Step 9: _____ Site Plan (with location of structure on property) (Here is a [Sample -Site Plan])
Step 10: ____ [Power of Attorney]
- (A) For signature of Permit Application and Disclaimer, notarized
- (B) Must be original
Step 11: ____ Legal Description (plot plan & survey) (Montgomery County Clerk's Office) (Here is a [Sample -Plot Plan & Survey])
- (A) Subdivision (recorded plats) (1) Lot, (2) Block, (3) Section
- -Or- (B) Metes and Bounds: written description (unrecorded plats) from: (1) Deed, or (2) Deed of Trust, or (3) Warranty Deed
Step 12: ____ If you receivewater from a public utility district or company, you must provide a letter on letterhead from that company stating water service will be provided to your property.
*Note Two Year Maintenance Contract MUST be completed by Owner and Installer before final inspection.
*For the official homepage of Montgomery County Septic Permit go to https://www.mctx.org/departments/departments_d_-_f/environmental_health/permitting/septic_permits.php
Design & Permitting
- Allow us to design your Septic System with our engineres & get it permitted by the appropriate county office.